Lost Your Job? You May Be Entitled To Unemployment Benefits.

If you lost your job through no fault of your own, you may be entitled to unemployment benefits. Additionally, if you voluntarily terminated your employment due to a significant reduction in pay, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Unfortunately, obtaining rightful benefits can be challenging without the advice of a lawyer who is experienced in navigating the unemployment legal system.

At The Bollinger Law Firm, we have the experience, reputation and determination you need when facing an unemployment benefit denial. Call 704-879-1800 or 866-218-4759 for a free strategy session or contact our law firm online to arrange an appointment.

Who Qualifies For Unemployment Insurance?

There are many different reasons that you may be eligible for unemployment insurance benefits, such as:

  • You have a health condition or disability affecting your ability to work
  • You received a reduction in pay greater than 15 percent
  • You received a reduction in hours greater than 50 percent

Unemployment benefits can be obtained by filing a claim through the North Carolina Department of Commerce Division of Employment Security. While unemployment insurance benefits are typically approved, employers have a right to contest the decision at an administrative hearing.

We Will Fight For You

Unfortunately, even when you are justly entitled to unemployment compensation, your former employer may allege habitual tardiness, making claims of theft or present other arguments regarding alleged misconduct. This is a common practice by employers who want to avoid paying into the unemployment benefits.

Call Today To Schedule Your Free Strategy Session

If your former employer is contesting your claim for unemployment compensation, talk to an experienced lawyer who can advocate for your rights and interests. Your initial consultation will not cost you a dime, only your time. Contact The Bollinger Law Firm online to arrange a free strategy session to discuss how we can help. You can also reach us by phone at 704-879-1800 or toll free at 866-218-4759.